Powerful storms Monday night lead to a close call for one Nashville family.
While the family was watching TV, lightning struck their home on Hockett Drive.
"I've never seen anything like this," said Nashville Fire Department Capt. R.D. Johnson.
Firefighters said the house should have caught fire. Instead, the lightning exited out of every opening along the vinyl siding and electrical outlets.
"For this house not to be on fire right now, it's just remarkable," said Johnson, who has been a firefighter for 28-plus years. "It's just amazing what electricity will do. Something, I've never seen anything like this.
"It's unbelievable. These folks are very lucky."
The lightning burned the home's electrical wiring.
The Red Cross is assisting the couple with housing.
Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.