6-year-old with fireworks blamed for Okolona house fire - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

6-year-old with fireworks blamed for Okolona house fire

OKOLONA, KY (WAVE) - Firefighters believe a firework caused a house fire in Okolona Wednesday morning.

Fire Marshall Mike Allendorf says at 10:19 Okolona and Fairdale fire departments responded to a fire in the 9400 block of Titan Drive. Within 15 minutes, the fire was under control.

Two people were taken to University Hospital with minor injuries including smoke inhalation and first degree burns. Investigators believe a 6-year-old was playing with fireworks in the home, leading to the fire.

One room in the house was heavily damaged and the other rooms have smoke damage.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Copyright 2014 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly