Signups underway for expanded Healthy Indiana Plan
By TOM DAVIES Associated Press
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A top state official says applications are being handled smoothly in the first week for Indiana's expanded health care program for low-income residents.
Indiana Family and Social Service Administration Secretary John Wernert says the rollout of the new Healthy Indiana Plan has gone well since its federal approval was announced last week.
Wernert told the House Ways and Means Committee Tuesday that some 180,000 people who were already part of the previous HIP or Hoosier Healthwise programs have been converted to the new plan and applications are being processed from 6,000 people who were on the HIP waiting list.
Officials estimate 350,000 Indiana residents might be eligible for the program. Wernert says it's being promoted through doctors and hospitals and that an advertising campaign is planned starting next month.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Thursday, June 8 2017 2:45 PM EDT2017-06-08 18:45:13 GMT
There are still a few tickets left for Thursday's Muslim prayer service to honor Muhammad Ali. But there are none left for the interfaith memorial on Friday. Muslims have traveled from all over the world to pay...More >>
Court documents have revealed what ended the 25-year law enforcement career of an assistant police chief in a suburb of Louisville, Kentucky. Media outlets report that acting Chief Todd Shaw sent what a prosecutor calls...More >>