LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Kentucky colleges will soon get money previously cut from the state's budget by Governor Matt Bevin.
The Attorney General's office tells WAVE 3 News Andy Beshear and Bevin have reached an agreement to release the nearly $18 million to the schools.
Beshear filed a lawsuit questioning Bevin's authority to cut the money from colleges. The court ruled in Bevin's favor, but the decision was later appealed to the Kentucky State Supreme Court by Beshear.
On Thursday, Bevin announced he was conceding the case. The two signed an agreement Friday to release the money to schools. Judge Thomas Wingate accepted the agreement on Monday.
The funds totaling $17,828,700 will be distributed as follows:
- Eastern Kentucky University - $1,360,700
- Kentucky State University - 0
- Morehead State University - $866,800
- Murray State University - $960,500
- Northern Kentucky University - $970,800
- University of Kentucky - $5,592,200
- University of Louisville - $2,781,500
- Western Kentucky University - $1,493,000
- Kentucky Community and Technical - $3,803,200