LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The Jeffersontown Fire Protection District is accepting applications for a full-time medical officer, for their new ambulance service.
The requirements for the position are:
- Must have 5 years of field experience at the paramedic level
- 2 years in a supervisory position
- 1 year experience in emergency services training or QA
- AHA instructor in BLS, ACLS, ans PALS (within 6 months)
- Proficiency with firehouse software, medical reporting software and computer skills
- Familiar with state and federal regulations relevant to EMS and training
- Inventory management experience
- Familiarity with setup of PhysioControl AED and Lifepack 15 (preferred)
- Expressed interest in the position through completion of the hiring process
- Knowledge of federal regulations, state laws (KRS) and local ordinances pertaining to emergency response situations
- Maintains good physical health
To pick up an application, head to 10530 Watterson Trail, Jeffersontown, Kentucky, 40299, anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Applications must be submitted, with a cover letter and resume by 11 a.m. on Jan. 5.
The new ambulance service will start sometime in the spring of 2018.