LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Mattel is celebrating International Women's Day a bit early by releasing a new line Barbie dolls featuring history-making women.
- Gold-medal snowboarder Chloe Kim
- "Wonder Women" director Patty Jenkins
- Artist Frida Kahlo
- Boxing champion Nicola Adams OBE
- Fencing champion Ibtihaj Muhammad
- Conservationist Bindi Irwin
- Aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart
- Volleyball champion Hui Ruoq
- Model and body activist Ashley Graham
- NASA mathematician and physicist Katherine Johnson
- Principal ballerina Misty Copeland
- Journalist Martyna Wojciechowska
- Film director Ava Duvernay
- Prima ballerina Yuan Yuan Tan
- Designer and entrepreneur Leyla Piedayesh
The dolls are part of the new collection called "Inspiring Women", aimed to highlight positive role models.
No word on when the dolls will be available for sale.
Each doll will come with historical information about the woman they represent.