Name: Christopher John Dodd
Born: May 27, 1944 in Willimantic, Connecticut; the fifth of six children
Spouse: Jackie Clegg Dodd
Children: Grace and Christina
Parents: Senator Thomas J. Dodd, (also a lead prosecutor during the Nuremberg trials) and Grace Murphy Dodd
Religion: Roman Catholic
Education: B.A. in English Literature from Providence College (1966) and a J.D. from the University of Louisville (1972)
Civil and Military Service:
Peace Corps (1966-1968)
- Served in the Dominican Republic.
- Gained fluency in Spanish
- U.S. Army (1968-1975)
- Served in the Reserves
- House of Representatives (CT-02). Served from January 3, 1975 to January 3, 1981.
- First elected to the Senate in 1980.
- Chairman of the Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee.
- Chairman of the Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps, and Narcotics.
- Chairman of the Subcommittee of Education and Early Childhood Development of the Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.
- Member of the Rules Committee.
- He served as General Chairman of the Democratic National Committee from 1995-1997.