Cindy Maiden Basinski, MD
Building relationships with my patients is a large part of caring for their health. I will be a part of some of the most important moments of my patients lives. Part of that relationship is knowing each other as more than doctor and patient. I look forward to getting to know you. But I also want you to know a little about me.
I was born in 1969 in Danville, Illinois to a Japanese mother and an American father who was in the military. I grew up a military child traveling in the United States and abroad. At the age of 5, I remember seeing a medical book of pregnant women and I knew at that time that I wanted to be a doctor. My father retired in Indianapolis, where I spent most of my life. I was the first person in my family to attend college and graduate.
I went to Purdue where I graduated with a degree in Engineering. I then went on to Indiana University to get my medical degree in 1995. During medical school, I found that I loved to be in the operating room. Therefore, I went on to spend a year in General Surgery. During that year, I found taking care of women was much more rewarding. After careful consideration, I felt Obstetrics and Gynecology gave me the opportunity to combine my joy of operating and caring for women.
I was fortunate to meet my husband, Steve, while I was in medical school and he was completing his Radiology residency. We married in 1996 and had our first child, Lauren, in 1998. That year, Steve accepted a position at St. Mary's Medical Center in the Radiology department. In 1999, I had my son, Christopher, and moved to Evansville to practice Ob/Gyn. In 2002, after having my third child, Rachel, I decided to open my own practice. I feel fortunate that my life has led me to the Evansville community where I can practice the art of medicine and raise my family.
Obstetrics/Gynecology, Methodist Hospital
Indianapolis, Indiana - July 1996-1999
General Surgery (Categorical),
Indiana University Medical Center
Indianapolis, Indiana - July 1995-1999
Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine
Indianapolis, Indiana - August 1991-May 1995
Scholarships and Honors:
- Barney G. Crowe Academic Scholarship
- Dr. Nancy A. Roeske Academic Scholarship
- Honors Research Program in General Surgery
Certification and Licensure: 1996, Diplomat, National Board of Examiners
Bachelor of Science: Engineering, Purdue University
West Lafayette, Indiana - August, 1987-May 1991
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Medical Association
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Fellow of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Member of Vanderburgh County Medical Society, 1999-Current
- Board Member of Pro Assurance Company, 2003-Current
- Medical Executive Committee, Saint Mary's Medical Center
- Chairman of OBGYN Department, Saint Mary's Medical Center
- Perinatal Committee, The Deaconess Women's Hospital
- Medical Executive Committee, Evansville Surgery Center
- Essure Accredited Practice, 2006