1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAVE-TV, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203 and the Midland Radio Corporation. 5900 Parretta Drive, Kansas City, MO 64120 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at November 4, 2008 and ends at 5:00 pm EST on December 5, 2008. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm EST on December 5, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties which are in the WAVE-TV viewing area: Clark, IN; Crawford, IN; Floyd, IN; Harrison, IN; Jackson, IN; Jefferson, IN; Jennings, IN; Lawrence, IN; Orange, IN; Perry, IN; Scott, IN; Washington, IN; Adair, KY; Anderson, KY; Boyle, KY; Breckinridge, KY; Bullitt, KY; Carroll, KY; Franklin, KY; Grayson, KY; Green, KY; Hardin, KY; Hart, KY; Henry, KY; Jefferson, KY; Larue, KY; Marion, KY; Meade, KY; Mercer, KY; Nelson, KY; Oldham, KY; Shelby, KY; Spencer, KY; Taylor, KY; Trimble, KY; and Washington, KY who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAVE-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are 2 ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 5:00pm Tuesday, November 4, 2008, individuals can log on to www.wave3.com and complete the online entry form that accompanies the download of their weathercaster video. Individuals can also enter by mailing or delivering in person their VHS videotape or DVD of their weathercaster video along with their name, address, age and phone number to WAVE-TV, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203. These contest rules will be available at the reception desk of the WAVE TV studios. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm EST on December 5, 2008 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WAVE-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WAVE-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WAVE-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). The grand prize winner will receive a $75 dinner certificate at the Bristol Restaurant, 1321 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40204, one (1) Midland All Hazards Alert Weather Radio with a retail value of $29.99 and appear with Meteorologist John Belski at the WAVE-TV studios, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY during a weekday WAVE 3 Newscast between 5:30pm - 6:00pm to be mutually scheduled on a date prior to January 31, 2009. Transportation to the WAVE 3 studios and the Bristol Restaurant is not included.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. The WAVE 3 contestant administrator will lead a panel of judges to review the submitted entries and reach a majority conclusion on the winning entry. Contestants will be judged on appearance, presentation and originality. Winner will be notified by phone and via US Mail from the contest administrator.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by January 31, 2009 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAVE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAVE-TV if WAVE-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAVE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAVE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAVE-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).