"Replace the Oldest Furnace Contest"
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAVE-TV, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203, Allgeier Air Conditioning & Heating, 4622 Pinewood Road, Louisville, KY 40218 ("Sponsor"). The promotion begins February 10, 2009 and ends at 5:00pm on March 13, 2009. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm EST on March 13, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties which are in the WAVE-TV viewing area: Clark, IN; Floyd, IN; Harrison, IN; Bullitt, KY; Carroll, KY; Jefferson, KY; Meade, KY; Oldham, KY; Shelby, KY; Spencer, KY; Trimble, KY; and Henry, KY. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and are the owner occupying a single family home with a warm air heating system that is currently operating and providing heat to the home. Entrants must be homeowners and fully empowered to make purchases and home improvement decisions regarding their residence. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAVE-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies and employees of competitive television stations in the Louisville DMA and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are 2 ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at Noon Tuesday, February 10, 2009 individuals can log on to www.wave3.com and complete the online entry form. Individuals can also enter by mailing or delivering in person their completed entry form including their name, address, age and phone number along with the manufacturer's name and model number and serial number of their current furnace to WAVE-TV, 725 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40203. The furnace and or air handler that is being replace must be L.P. or Natural gas. (If the entrant is not able to provide this information a representative from Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating will need to gain access to the home in order to verify model and serial number as necessary).
4. These contest rules and blank entry forms will be available at the reception desk of the WAVE TV studios. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm EST on March 13, 2009 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entrants may be contacted by Sponsor(s) regarding the condition and potential replacement of their current furnace.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WAVE-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WAVE-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WAVE-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
Prize(s). The grand prize winner will receive a new installed Amana High Efficiency AMH95 Gas furnace from Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating. The cash value of this prize along with installation is $4,800.00. Representatives from Allgeier Air will need to gain entry the entrants home to verify age of all entries as necessary and examine the installation and record manufacturer nameplate information (model & serial numbers and dates). The winning entrant will be responsible for permit fees, taxes, duct system modifications (if necessary), any hazardous material removal and abatement (e.g., asbestos), and any improvements needed to bring the installation in compliance with existing building and mechanical codes (any applicable costs will be discussed beforehand). The winning entrant will agree to allow Allgeier Air to use images and likenesses of the old and new furnaces and homeowners and the homeowners' name in promotional material.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating (Sponsor) will review the manufacturer's name and model numbers of the furnace information submitted as official entries and determine the three (3) finalists with the oldest furnaces. The Sponsor will contact these three (3) finalists and schedule an on-site inspection of their furnaces before determining the winning entrant. The winner will be the oldest furnace submitted according to objective information such as model and serial numbers, installation or sale paperwork provided by the homeowner and/or the best judgment of Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating. All decisions are final.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received along with the age and condition of the entrant's furnace as determined by the inspection conducted by representatives of Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a Release and Affidavit of Eligibility form within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by May 29, 2009 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAVE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAVE-TV if WAVE-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
The winner will provide Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating with 12 months of heating bill information prior to the replacement, 12 months of heating bill information following the installation, and release Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating to share this information and data with the public.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAVE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases WAVE-TV and Allgeier Air Conditioning and Heating (Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAVE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAVE-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).