LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A Louisville City FC player is doing his part to help the family of Detective Deidre Mengedoht, a Louisville Metro Police officer who was killed in the line of duty on Christmas Eve.
Midfielder Niall McCabe is auctioning off a personalized, signed game-worn jersey.
The proceeds will go to the fund set up for Mengedhoht’s nine-year-old son.
- Loved ones, friends gather for LMPD detective’s funeral
- Fellow officers say goodbye to fallen LMPD Det. Mengedoht
- Bearno’s donating portion of sales to family of fallen LMPD detective
- Brownie’s owner and customers foot the bill for Det. Mengedoht’s division
- Friend of LMPD detective killed in line of duty says positivity, faith led her life
At last check, bidding was up to more than $450. The online auction closes Wednesday, Jan. 9 at 9 p.m. EST.
Click or tap here to bid in the auction.
So far, other community members and groups have raised more than $72,000 for Mengedoht’s son.