LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Street closures for the 19th Papa John’s 10 Miler have been released.
Nearly 4,000 people have registered for the third leg of the Triple Crown of Running, which will start at 8 a.m. on Saturday.
The route and road closures are posted below:
- South on 3rd Street from Central Avenue to
- Southern Parkway to,
- Left (South) on New Cut Road to,
- Right (West) into Iroquois Park at Frisbee Way at the Amphitheater Parking lot
- Runners will enter the park & travel through the park clockwise
- Left on Rundill Road (road that circles inside Iroquois Park.)
- Exiting the Iroquois Park at New Cut Road and Southern Parkway
- North on Southern Parkway to,
- North on 3rd Street to,
- Right (East) on Central Avenue to,
- Left (North) on Floyd Street to,
- Left into Papa John’s Stadium at Gate D.
- “No Stopping” 3rd Street between Winkler Avenue and Southern Parkway
- “Road Closed” Taylor Boulevard and Brookline
- “Road Closed” New Cut Road and Park Road
- “Road Closed” Kenwood Drive and Fay Avenue
- “Road Closed” 4th Street and Oakdale
- “Road Closed” 3rd Street and Kenton
No on-street parking will be permitted on Third Street from Heywood Avenue to Southern Parkway from 5 a.m. until noon.
6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Central Avenue from Third Street to Fourth Street
- Central Avenue from Floyd Street to Third Street (Central Station traffic only)
- Third Street from Central Avenue to Southern Parkway
7 a.m. to Noon
- Southern Parkway from Florence Avenue to Southern Heights Avenue
- Southern Parkway from Third Street to Florence Avenue
- Southern Parkway from Southern Heights Avenue to New Cut Road/Taylor Blvd.
8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Floyd Street from Central Avenue to Boxley Avenue
8 to 11 a.m.
- Taylor Blvd. from Huntoon Avenue to Southern Parkway
- New Cut Road from Southern Parkway to Palatka Road
- Iroquois Park (All Park Streets)
Proceeds from the race will benefit the WHAS Crusade for Children. For more information click here.