Report: Appliance plugged into extension cord started Jeffersonville house fire

Report: Appliance plugged into extension cord started Jeffersonville house fire
A fire at a Jeffersonville home Tuesday night was caused by an appliance plugged into an extension cord, according to a report.

JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (WAVE) - A fire at a Jeffersonville home Tuesday night was caused by an appliance plugged into an extension cord, according to a report.

The fire started on Springdale Drive around 9:30 p.m.

There were no working smoke detectors, but the couple who lives there noticed the smoke and made it out safe.

Investigators said an appliance was pulling too much power and sparked the fire in the bedroom, our partners The News and Tribune reported.

With the time change coming up in November, firefighters want to remind everyone to check the batteries in their smoke detectors.

Copyright 2019 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.