INDIANA (WFIE) - The Indiana State Health Department has updated their coronavirus map.
It now shows 29,274 total confirmed positive cases and 1,716 deaths.
Tuesday, it showed 28,705 confirmed positive cases and 1,678 deaths.
The state map shows now only two deaths in Vanderburgh County. Tuesday, it showed three. It also shows two additional positive cases.
The Warrick County Health Department’s website now shows 26 deaths. It shows 23 of them are at long term care facilities.
The Perry County Health Department reported eight newly confirmed cases of COVID-19. This brings the countywide number to 28 total cases.
There is also one additional case in both Gibson and Spencer Counties.
Here are the case numbers in our Indiana counties.
- Vanderburgh Co. - 225 cases, 2 deaths
- Dubois Co. - 163 cases, 2 deaths
- Warrick Co. - 154 cases, 26 deaths
- Perry Co. - 28 cases
- Posey Co. -16 cases
- Gibson Co. - 11 cases
- Spencer Co. - 13 cases, 1 death
- Pike Co. - 5 cases
Gov. Eric Holcomb and state leaders say most of the state is now just days away from entering Stage 3 of the reopening plan.
He says stage 3 will start Friday now, instead of Sunday.
Under Stage 3:
- People can gather in groups up to 100
- Restaurant dining rooms remain at 50 percent capacity
- Retail stores and malls open to 75 percent capacity
- Gyms, YMCAs and fitness studios can open with restrictions
- Community pools and camp grounds can open
- Recreational sports practices may begin (except contact sports such as football and lacrosse)
- Youth summer day camps may begin June 1
- State park inns will be reopening
- Raceways can reopen without fans
The governor's order on Friday will also do the following:
- Extends prohibition on turning off utilities
- Extends prohibition on filing mortgage foreclosures and evictions
- Extends deadlines to acquire or renew driver licenses, vehicle registrations, etc.