Ninth annual Give For Good Louisville officially kicks off
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - WAVE Country can help more than 500 charities in our area get the money they need to help others.
The ninth annual Give For Good Louisville campaign is happening Thursday.
The campaign gives you the chance to support your favorite charity through donations and helping others learn about their mission.
Churchill Downs sponsored a Win, Place, Show prize, where guests could give to an organization anytime between 7:10 - 7:12 p.m. and be randomly selected to receive a $20,000, $10,000, or $5,000 boost.
- Win - One donor receives a random boost of $20,000.
- Place - Two donors receive a random boost of $10,000 each.
- Show - Five donors receive a random boost of $5,000 each.
The winners were announced on WAVE News at 7:30:
- Win ($20,000) - York Academy of Discovery Inc. (Tier 1 organization with annual receipts less than $50,000) (Winning Donation was $100)
- Place ($10,000) - St. Joseph’s Children’s Home
- Place ($10,000) - Love Thy Hungry Inc.
- Show ($5,000) - Coleridge Taylor Montessori PTA
- Show ($5,000) - Side by Side Studio
- Show ($5,000) - Jacob’s Well, Inc.
- Show ($5,000) - Canopy KY
- Show ($5,000) - Lost Boys & Girls Foundation
Learn more about participating organizations, attend one of the several in-person hosted by local organizations, and make a donation at www.giveforgoodlouisville.org.
Copyright 2022 WAVE. All rights reserved.