Tennessee vs. Florida Atlantic Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Thursday's contest features the Tennessee Volunteers (25-10) and the Florida Atlantic Owls (33-3) squaring off at Madison Square Garden (on March 23) at 9:00 PM. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 70-66 victory for Tennessee.
Based on our computer prediction, Florida Atlantic is projected to cover the point spread (5.5) versus Tennessee. The two teams are expected to exceed the 129.5 total.
Tennessee vs. Florida Atlantic Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Where: New York City, New York
- Venue: Madison Square Garden
- Line: Tennessee -5.5
- Point Total: 129.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Tennessee -225, Florida Atlantic +185
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Tennessee vs. Florida Atlantic Score Prediction
- Prediction: Tennessee 70, Florida Atlantic 66
Spread & Total Prediction for Tennessee vs. Florida Atlantic
- Pick ATS:
Florida Atlantic (+5.5)
- Pick OU:
Tennessee is 17-16-0 against the spread this season compared to Florida Atlantic's 20-11-0 ATS record. In terms of hitting the over, games involving the Volunteers are 14-19-0 and the Owls are 17-14-0. The two teams combine to score 149.6 points per game, 20.1 more points than this matchup's total. Over the last 10 games, Tennessee is 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall while Florida Atlantic has gone 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Tennessee Performance Insights
- The Volunteers have a +470 scoring differential, topping opponents by 13.4 points per game. They're putting up 71.2 points per game to rank 187th in college basketball and are allowing 57.8 per contest to rank third in college basketball.
- Tennessee comes out on top in the rebound battle by an average of 7.3 boards. It is pulling down 35.5 rebounds per game (23rd in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 28.2 per outing.
- Tennessee hits 7.7 three-pointers per game (134th in college basketball) at a 33% rate (241st in college basketball), compared to the 5.8 per game its opponents make at a 26.4% rate.
- The Volunteers' 94.6 points per 100 possessions on offense rank 157th in college basketball, and the 76.8 points they allow per 100 possessions rank second in college basketball.
- Tennessee has committed 2.6 fewer turnovers per game than its opponents, averaging 11.4 (132nd in college basketball play) while forcing 14 (44th in college basketball).
Florida Atlantic Performance Insights
- The Owls are outscoring opponents by 13.3 points per game, with a +479 scoring differential overall. They put up 78.4 points per game (32nd in college basketball) and allow 65.1 per contest (42nd in college basketball).
- Florida Atlantic wins the rebound battle by 5.6 boards on average. It records 35.9 rebounds per game, 14th in college basketball, while its opponents grab 30.3.
- Florida Atlantic connects on 9.7 three-pointers per game (12th in college basketball) at a 36.7% rate (49th in college basketball), compared to the 6.5 per game its opponents make, at a 31.6% rate.
- Florida Atlantic forces 12.1 turnovers per game (160th in college basketball) while committing 11.1 (104th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.