Reds vs. Cardinals Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 24
Published: May. 24, 2023 at 12:41 PM EDT|Updated: May. 24, 2023 at 5:41 PM EDT
Wednesday's game features the St. Louis Cardinals (22-28) and the Cincinnati Reds (20-28) clashing at Great American Ball Park in what is expected to be a competitive matchup, with a projected 6-4 victory for the Cardinals according to our computer prediction. Game time is at 6:40 PM ET on May 24.
The Cardinals will give the nod to Steven Matz (0-5) against the Reds and Ben Lively (1-2).
Reds vs. Cardinals Game Info & Odds
- When: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Reds vs. Cardinals Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Cardinals 6, Reds 5.
Total Prediction for Reds vs. Cardinals
- Total Prediction: Under 10.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Cardinals vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Reds Player Props|
|Cardinals vs Reds Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Reds|
|Cardinals vs Reds Odds|
Reds Performance Insights
- The Reds have played as the underdog in nine of their past 10 games and have gone 3-6 in those contests.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Cincinnati and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on six occasions.
- Oddsmakers have not posted a spread in any of the Reds' past 10 matchups.
- The Reds have been victorious in 13, or 37.1%, of the 35 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Cincinnati has a win-loss record of 6-10 when favored by +135 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 42.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Averaging 4.3 runs per game (206 total), Cincinnati is the 22nd-highest scoring team in baseball.
- Reds pitchers have a combined ERA of 5.11 ERA this year, which ranks 28th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 19||Yankees||L 6-2||Ben Lively vs Clarke Schmidt|
|May 20||Yankees||L 7-4||Luke Weaver vs Jhony Brito|
|May 21||Yankees||L 4-1||Hunter Greene vs Luis Severino|
|May 22||Cardinals||W 6-5||Brandon Williamson vs Jordan Montgomery|
|May 23||Cardinals||L 8-5||Graham Ashcraft vs Adam Wainwright|
|May 24||Cardinals||-||Ben Lively vs Steven Matz|
|May 25||Cardinals||-||Luke Weaver vs Miles Mikolas|
|May 26||@ Cubs||-||Hunter Greene vs Justin Steele|
|May 27||@ Cubs||-||Brandon Williamson vs Justin Steele|
|May 28||@ Cubs||-||Graham Ashcraft vs Drew Smyly|
|May 30||@ Red Sox||-||Ben Lively vs Brayan Bello|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.