Reds vs. Guardians Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 26
The Cleveland Guardians (74-83) host the Cincinnati Reds (80-77) to start a two-game series at Progressive Field, with first pitch at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday. The Guardians are on the back of a series split with the Orioles, and the Reds a series loss to the Pirates.
The Guardians will give the ball to Lucas Giolito (8-14, 4.70 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 9 on the season, and the Reds will turn to Hunter Greene (4-6, 4.24 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Guardians Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 6:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Giolito - CLE (8-14, 4.70 ERA) vs Greene - CIN (4-6, 4.24 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Guardians vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Guardians vs Reds|
|Guardians vs Reds Odds|
|Guardians vs Reds Prediction|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Greene
- The Reds will send Greene (4-6) to the mound to make his 21st start of the season. He is 4-6 with a 4.24 ERA and 143 strikeouts in 104 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Wednesday against the Minnesota Twins, when he tossed seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 4.24, with 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 20 games this season. Opponents have a .235 batting average against him.
- Greene has seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- Greene will try to go five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He's averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- In five of his appearances this season he has not allow an earned run.
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lucas Giolito
- The Guardians will hand the ball to Giolito (8-14) for his 32nd start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed seven hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.70 and 10 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .238 in 31 games this season.
- He has started 31 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 14 of them.
- Giolito will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- He has finished four appearances without allowing an earned run in 31 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 29-year-old's 4.70 ERA ranks 39th, 1.267 WHIP ranks 34th, and 10 K/9 ranks 11th.
Lucas Giolito vs. Reds
- The Reds rank 10th in MLB with 741 runs scored this season. They have a .248 batting average this campaign with 184 home runs (15th in the league).
- The Reds have gone 5-for-24 with two doubles, a home run and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.