Rays vs. Rangers Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - AL Wild Card Game 2
Wednesday's contest between the Tampa Bay Rays (99-63) and the Texas Rangers (90-72) at Tropicana Field is expected to be a tight matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 5-4, with the Rays coming out on top. First pitch is at 3:08 PM ET on October 4.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Rays will send Zach Eflin (16-8) to the mound, while Nathan Eovaldi (12-5) will take the ball for the Rangers.
Rays vs. Rangers Game Info & Odds
- When: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 3:08 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: ABC
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Rangers Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Rays 5, Rangers 4.
Total Prediction for Rays vs. Rangers
- Total Prediction: Over 8 runs
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|DraftKings||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 In bonus bets instantly!|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
Explore More About This Game
Rays Performance Insights
- The Rays have played as the favorite in seven of their past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Tampa Bay and its opponents have combined to hit the over eight times.
- The Rays have not played a game with a spread over their last 10 outings.
- This season, the Rays have won 84 out of the 128 games, or 65.6%, in which they've been favored.
- Tampa Bay is 59-26 this season when entering a game favored by -145 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Tampa Bay is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking fourth with 860 total runs this season.
- The Rays' 3.87 team ERA ranks fifth among all league pitching staffs.
Rangers Performance Insights
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Rangers have posted a mark of 2-2.
- In its last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, Texas and its foes are 2-7-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- The Rangers' previous 10 matchups have not had a runline posted by sportsbooks.
- The Rangers have won in 23, or 47.9%, of the 48 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- Texas has a mark of 8-11 in contests where oddsmakers favor it by +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 45.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Texas scores the third-most runs in baseball (881 total, 5.4 per game).
- Rangers pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.27 ERA this year, which ranks 18th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 27||@ Red Sox||W 5-0||Tyler Glasnow vs Brayan Bello|
|September 29||@ Blue Jays||L 11-4||Aaron Civale vs Yusei Kikuchi|
|September 30||@ Blue Jays||W 7-5||Shawn Armstrong vs Hyun-Jin Ryu|
|October 1||@ Blue Jays||W 12-8||Jacob Lopez vs Wes Parsons|
|October 3||Rangers||L 4-0||Tyler Glasnow vs Jordan Montgomery|
|October 4||Rangers||-||Zach Eflin vs Nathan Eovaldi|
|September 28||@ Mariners||L 3-2||Jordan Montgomery vs Logan Gilbert|
|September 29||@ Mariners||L 8-0||Nathan Eovaldi vs Bryan Woo|
|September 30||@ Mariners||W 6-1||Andrew Heaney vs Luis Castillo|
|October 1||@ Mariners||L 1-0||Dane Dunning vs George Kirby|
|October 3||@ Rays||W 4-0||Jordan Montgomery vs Tyler Glasnow|
|October 4||@ Rays||-||Nathan Eovaldi vs Zach Eflin|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.