LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - With additional rain in the forecast, flooding continues to be a major concern throughout the Kentuckiana area.
HERE ARE THE LATEST CLOSINGS:
HORSESHOE HOTEL & CASINO CLOSED
Due to rising floodwaters on the Ohio River, the Horseshoe Hotel and Casino are closed. The hotel closed Saturday afternoon and the casino stopped admitting customers Saturday evening. Officials at Horseshoe Southern Indiana say the closure is temporary, but would not say when the facilities would re-open.
AREA ROADS CLOSED
The long line of storms Friday night and Saturday, forced a number of road closures throughout the area. Below are lists of road closures that will be updated as the information becomes available.
NEW ALBANY ROADS CLOSED
- Water Street from West 10th to East Sixth Streets
- Old Ford Road at Armstrong Bend
- Rainbow Drive near Charlestown Road
- Graybrook Lane at Binford Park
- Hildreth Avenue at Cherry State
CLARK COUNTY ROAD CLOSURES/ HIGH WATER WARNINGS:
- Charlestown Memphis Rd at Whittington Hill Rd - Closed
- Utica Sellersburg Pike at Bean Rd - Closed
- US 31 between Sellersburg and Memphis - Use caution
- Hamburg Pike at Augusta Rd - Closed
- Utica Pike between Utica and Jeffersonville - Closed
- State Road 62 at Charlestown State PArk - Closed
- Ebenezer Church Road at US 31 in Memphis Indiana
- St. Rd 160 between Charlestown and Henryville
- Upper River Road in Utica
- Franklin & Church Streets in Utica
- The 1700 block of Utica-Sellersburg Pike
- Highway 31 between Memphis & Henryville near Biggs Road
LOUISVILLE ROAD CLOSURES/ HIGH WATER WARNINGS:
HIGHWAY 42 IN PROSPECT REOPENS
Highway 42 in Prospect, which had been reduced to one lane in each direction Saturday, re-opened early Sunday morning. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet reduced US 42 to one lane in each direction between the Gene Snyder and the Harrods Creek bridge due to pavement damage from flooding.
LMPD has shut down River Road at Wolf Pen Branch and is advising residents in the Prospect / US 42 area to consider alternative routes in getting to and from downtown Louisville.
The following road (s) are closed to traffic due to high water:
- Katherine Station Road
- Mockingbird Valley Road between River Rd and Zorn Ave
- Frankfort Avenue between Story Ave River Rd
- Cabel Street @ Adams Street
- Witherspoon between Adams St and River Rd
- Adams Street between Witherspoon and Cabel
- Alta Vista Rd @ Beargrass Creek Rd
- Campbell St @ Adams
- Covered Bridge Road @ Covered Cove
- River Road @ Jacob School Rd
- River Road between Edith and Wolf Pen Branch
- Algonquin Pky between 41st Street and Gibson
- Mellwood Avenue between Zorn Avenue and Edith
- Edith between River Road and Mellwood Avenue
- 3rd Street between Main Street and River Road
- 5005 Overbrook Drive
- River Road between N. 2nd Street and N. 8th Street
- KY 2268 in Shelby County is closed between KY 55 and Seventh Street
- KY 2885 (River Road) is closed in Spencer County due to flooding. The road is closed between mile points 2 and 3.
- Cedar Grove Road between mile points 10 and 11
- Beach Grove Road between mile points 3 and 4
- KY 44 West in Bullitt County is closed between Shepherdsville and Dixie Highway
The WAVE 3 Weather Team will be Working For You all weekend long on-air, online, and on your cell phone.
More tools online:
- The latest list of warnings and watches are available by clicking here
- Click here for the latest radar
- "Like" the WAVE 3 Weather Team on Facebook for constant updates
- Upload your photos and video to WAVE 3's main Facebook page by clicking here
- For the latest power outage information, click here for Southern Indiana and click here for the latest date from LG&E.
Stay tuned to WAVE 3 News for team coverage of the storms and the latest forecast.