Man dies after fire in hotel room

(Source: choicehotels.com)
(Source: choicehotels.com)

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – A fire in an east Louisville hotel room claimed the life of a man staying there.

Deputy Coroner Jack Arnold said Robert Joseph Roach, 44, had been staying at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in the 4500 block of Taylorsville Road for the last six years.

Arnold said Roach was pronounced dead at Norton Suburban Hospital at 9:40 Saturday morning. He said the preliminary cause of death is smoke inhalation. An autopsy will be performed Sunday to determine the exact cause of death.

Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.