Sunrise To Go: Monday, June 29
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are five stories WAVE Country will be talking about today:
1. Rainy day: Showers will span the area Monday morning, with thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. WAVE 3 News Storm Tracking Team Meteorologist Brian Goode has the extended forecast through the weekend.
2. Deadly crash: Part of I-71 was shut down early this morning because of a crash that killed at least one person. Part of the interstate was expected to be closed for several hours.
3. Humana takeover: Aetna, the second largest health insurance company in the U.S., is looking more likely to acquire Humana. The latest report from Bloomberg Business says Aetna and Cigna have both made offers.
4. Dragging death: Police are still searching for the driver who hit and killed a 19-year-old woman on Broadway late Saturday night. The car is described as a white Chevy Impala that should have heavy damage to the windshield and front end.
5. Pastor recovering: The Kentucky pastor who was shot in Haiti last week delivered his first sermon Sunday. Pastor Bill Wesley told his congregation he wants to return to Haiti to continue his mission work.
Click here to subscribe to breaking news and weather alerts, including school closing alerts for your particular district, and watch WAVE 3 News Sunrise for all the morning's top stories weekdays beginning at 4:30 a.m. You can also register to receive Sunrise to Go on your mobile device by visiting our Preference Center at WAVE3.com.
Copyright 2015 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.