Sunrise To Go: Wednesday, Feb. 17
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are five stories WAVE Country will be talking about today:
1. Warm up begins: Drivers will see some patchy fog on the roads this morning, but warmer temperatures are on the way. WAVE 3 News Storm Tracking Team Meteorologist Christie Dutton has the extended forecast through the weekend.
2. Overnight fire: A woman was rescued from a burning house in the Portland neighborhood early this morning. Fire officials said the fire seemed suspicious.
3. UofL sanction: The university confirmed to WAVE 3 News that President John Ramsey made the decision to ban the Cards from postseason play this year, and that athletic director Tom Jurich agreed. Click here to learn more about the controversy surrounding the decision.
4. Meteorologist arrested: A meteorologist at WPSD in Paducah was arrested on drug charges Tuesday, along with her husband. Kentucky State Police responded to an anonymous tip and found marijuana plants and guns inside the couple's Mayfield home.
5. Apple says no: The company's CEO is refusing to hack into a phone belonging to one of the San Bernadino massacre shooters. Apple was ordered to break encryption on the phone, but Tim Cook said doing so would create a backdoor that could be used in the future on other devices.
Click here to subscribe to breaking news and weather alerts, including school closing alerts for your particular district, and watch WAVE 3 News Sunrise for all the morning's top stories weekdays beginning at 4:30 a.m. You can also register to receive Sunrise to Go on your mobile device by visiting our Preference Center at WAVE3.com.
Copyright 2016 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.