Sunrise To Go: Wednesday, March 9
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are five stories WAVE Country will be talking about today:
1. Record breaker? We may top the 90-year-old record high of 78 today. It will definitely be warm but how much sun will we see? WAVE 3 News Storm Tracking Team Meteorologist Christie Dutton has the extended forecast through the weekend.
2. Overnight shooting: Two people were found shot at a fire station at 33rd and River Park Drive overnight. Police believe the shooting happened near 45th and Broadway in the Chickasaw neighborhood.
3. Police chase: A police cruiser was hit during a chase that started in downtown New Albany early this morning. The chase ended about an hour later in Louisville.
4. Students restrained: JCPS leaders are explaining why thousands of restraint and seclusion incidents weren't reported to the state. The district's report card showed 174 seclusions and restraints for the 2014-2015 school year. The actual number is more than 4,400.
5. Decision 2016: Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders gained a significant number of delegates in the Michigan primary on Tuesday. Click here for a detailed break down of where the race to the White House now stands.
Click here to subscribe to breaking news and weather alerts, including school closing alerts for your particular district, and watch WAVE 3 News Sunrise for all the morning's top stories weekdays beginning at 4:30 a.m. You can also register to receive Sunrise to Go on your mobile device by visiting our Preference Center at WAVE3.com.
Copyright 2016 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.