LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are five stories WAVE Country will be talking about today:
1. Cool down: If you thought the 80s were here to stay, you will be disappointed today. It will be much cooler, but we'll see plenty of sunshine. WAVE 3 News Storm Tracking Team Meteorologist Christie Dutton has the extended forecast through the weekend.
2. Decision 2016: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump gained a significant number of delegates in three major swing states on Tuesday. Republican candidate Marco Rubio dropped out of the run for the white house after coming in second to Trump in his home state of Florida.
3. Overnight shooting: After hearing gunshots in the area of Churchill Downs, police found a man shot in the street near the intersection of Rodman and M Streets. The victim's injuries are considered life threatening.
4. Mumps: Six more cases of mumps have been diagnosed in Bloomington, IN. The new cases were confirmed in people who are not associated with Indiana University, which reported at least eight cases this winter.
5. Cause of death: The Hardin County coroner's office said Gynnya McMillen, 16, died of heart arrhythmia. McMillen was found dead in an isolation cell at the Lincoln Village Juvenile Detention Center in Elizabethtown on Jan. 10.
Click here to subscribe to breaking news and weather alerts, including school closing alerts for your particular district, and watch WAVE 3 News Sunrise for all the morning's top stories weekdays beginning at 4:30 a.m. You can also register to receive Sunrise to Go on your mobile device by visiting our Preference Center at WAVE3.com.