LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – The holidays are right around the corner and as of Thursday families can register for the Salvation Army's Angel Tree.
Registration began at 9 a.m. in Louisville at the Salvation Army's Christmas Joy Center.
The Joy Center is located on Kenjoy Drive and serves as the new home for the Angel Tree.
Salvation Army Major Kathy Williams said, "This is the second year that we have done it this way and so people are, kinda catching on. They understand this is just a new location for us, but this is our permanent location."
Anyone who would like to register for the Angel Tree program must pick up an appointment letter from the Salvation Army.
To register the following information is required:
- Your appointment letter
- Picture ID for the person making the application
- Birth certificates or shot records for all eligible children, 0-12 years of age
- Proof of child’s residence in Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt or Spencer County; report card, proof of current school enrollment, WIC paperwork or shot record
- Please know the pant, shirt, shoes sizes and toy choice for each child
- These are the only acceptable forms of income verification: Current Paycheck stubs, unemployment benefit paperwork, DHS paperwork or SSI paperwork.
- Proof of current address within Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt or Spencer County, such as utility bill or lease
The Salvation Army asks that those registering do not take their children to the appointment. Applications must also bring ID or a birth certificate for every person who lives in their household.
For more information, call the Angel Tree hotline at (502) 671-4935 or click here.