LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – ALDI has issued a voluntary recall for multiple types of apples due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The apples were sold in stores in Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina and North Carolina beginning on Dec. 13, according to ALDI.
The following apples are being recalled:
- Fuji Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383087139
- Gala Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383086897
- Golden Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383081175
- Honeycrisp Apples, 2 lb. bag, UPC code: 079954000015
- Honeycrisp Apples, unpackaged, PLU sticker: 3283
Customers who are affected can return the apples to ALDI for a full refund. Customers with questions are asked to call Jack Brown Produce Inc. at (616) 887-9568.
For more information, click here.