LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Do you know the difference between the common cold and the flu?
The signs and symptoms of the flu include:
- Abrupt symptoms
- Fever that lasts three to four days
- Fatigue and weakness
- Sneezing, stuffy nose, and sore throats can occur
- Chest discomfort and coughing can be severe
The signs and symptoms of the common cold include:
- Gradual symptoms
- Sneezing, stuffy nose, and sore throat
- Mild to moderate coughing, possibly a "hacking" cough
If you, or your loved one has symptoms of the flu, it's important to go to the doctor.