McDonald's honors Black History Makers of Tomorrow
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - McDonald's of Kentuckiana is celebrating Black History month by honoring 10 local high school students.
The students were selected for the Black History Makers of Tomorrow scholarship for their exceptional academic achievement, leadership, character and community service.
The students honored include:
- Precious Adeyinka - Eastern High School
- Elijah Arthur - DuPont Manual High School
- Ngozi Eze - New Albany High School
- Ndizihiwe Gashema - Iroquois High School
- Matthew Jones - Southern High School
- Jocelyn Marables - Brown School
- Tania Ray - Jeffersonville High School
- Jordan Simpson - Oldham County High School
- Alexander Wilson - Trinity High School
- Trinity Wilson - DuPont Manual High School
"My motto is to remain positive, even when things in our communities may seem chaotic," Elijah Arthur, a 2018 Black History Makers of Tomorrow scholarship recipient, said in a press release. "It is impossible to influence your community with negativity. Maybe my positive attitude will spread from person to person and hopefully cause a change in the mindset and consciousness to make our communities a better place to live."
Each student received a $1,500 scholarship.
WAVE 3 News anchor Dawne Gee was the Master of Ceremonies.
Copyright 2018 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.