LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The lineup for the Thunder Over Louisville Air Show was announced Friday.
It's a highlight for the thousands of visitors who pack Waterfront Park each April. As they wait for the sun to go down, and one of the largest fireworks displays in North America to start, they are entertained by skilled pilots in all kinds of planes and jets.
Thunder is Saturday, April 21, 2018. This year's theme for the fireworks is A Disco Thunder.
Here is the full list of aircraft for the airshow, which begins at 3 p.m.:
- A-10 Demo
- A-10/P-51 USAF Heritage Flight
- AH-1/UH-1 Helos
- Billy Werth, Pitts S-2C
- C-130 123d AW KYANG & STS Parachute Drop
- Canadian Harvards
- CF-18 (2)
- F-15 Mass ANG (2)
- F-15 335th FS (4)
- F-16 180th FW (4 ship)
- Golden Knights
- Harvard Twilight -This is the same as the Canadian Harvards-just their twilight show
- HH-60 Navy (2)
- Jeff Gordon Carbon Cub
- KC-135 Grissom
- KC Flight (6)
- Lee Leet Super Tucano
- MH-53 (Navy)
- Matt Younkin Twin Beech Day Show/Night Fireworks
- Nick Coleman Taylorcraft
- UPS 747-8
- US Navy Tac Demo (F/A-18)
- USN Legacy Flight (F/A-18 & A-1)
- Red Star (Yakovlev flight)
The flight times have not been scheduled, and some of the aircraft may change based on deployment.