LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Showers and storms barreling through WAVE Country on Thursday left plenty of destruction in their wakes.
Metrosafe reported that 445 calls came into the center between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. today. The average during those times on a normal Thursday is 170 calls.
Of the 445 calls, 308 were calls to 911 compared to an average of 111 on a normal Thursday.
The breakdown of calls and services was:
- Transformer fire: 7
- Trees down: 36
- Tree on building: 3
- Wires down and arcing: 14
- Wires down imminent risk: 30
- Low hanging wires: 6
- Wires in trees: 5
Duke Energy reported that thousands of people were without power in Southern Indiana as of 4:45 p.m. on Thursday.
The breakdown of the number of customers affected and outages per county was:
- Clark County: 1,947 customers affected, 55 outage locations
- Floyd County: 1,469 customers affected, 21 outage locations
- Jefferson County (IN): 1,456 customers affected, 36 outage locations
- Jennings County: 967 customers affected, 30 outage locations
- Scott County: 464 customers affected, 16 outage locations
- Washington County: 4,612 customers affected, 14 outage locations