Celebrate National Eat Your Vegetables Day all week long with local farmers markets
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - National Eat Your Vegetables Day is Sunday and doctors suggest eating three to five servings of vegetables a day. Sunday is also Father's Day, a day that is synonymous with grilling and well, anything but vegetables.
If you want to celebrate Eat Your Vegetables Day any day of the week, farmers markets are a great option. Visiting farmers markets helps support Wave country communities as well as local businesses.
Here a few farmers markets in WAVE Country that supply produce and other natural products:
- The Phoenix Hill NuLu Farmers' Market (NuLu)
- 1007 East Jefferson at Fresh Start
- Every Tuesday from May 24 to October 25, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Jeffersonville Farmers' Market (Jeffersonville, IN)
- 227 Pearl St. on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon
- 2014 Allison Lane on Tuesdays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- New Albany Farmers' Market (New Albany, IN)
- 202 E Market St. in Downtown New Albany
- Hours are Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- The Original Bardstown Road Farmers' Market (The Highlands)
- 1722 Bardstown Road
- This market is open year-round on Saturdays, hours from April through December from 8 a.m to noon
These are just a few of the resources for buying local and handmade products in WAVE country.
Copyright 2018 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.