LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Fourteen apartment units were damaged after a grease fire started in a kitchen Saturday afternoon.
According to the Shively Fire Chief, around 2 p.m. firefighters arrived at the apartment in the 1700 block of Gagel Avenue where they reported heavy smoke coming from the building.
The fire spread from a kitchen into the attic where most of the flames spread.
Two units on the second floor were heavily damaged and another 12 units were impacted by smoke and water. The American Red Cross is assisting residents who were displaced.
No injuries were reported thanks in part to a pedestrian who stopped and alerted the people who lived in the apartment.
Copyright 2014 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.
Texas woman is suing Facebook over a fake profile.
725 S. Floyd Street
Louisville, KY 40203
FCC Public File